Monday, March 17, 2008

Knowing nothing more......

Well, I got the test results back from the doctor's office today. I called about 3pm and the person who answered it said something like "the nurse is not ready to release those results yet." That was different from what they had said when I called at noon and they said that the nurse and doctor were not in. I knew at that point that the results were not good.

I know for sure that his hemoglobin is low, meaning anemia. The value was 10.1 instead of 13. The nurse said other tested levels were elevated and that they felt the need to do more testing. The first of these will be a urinalysis. I'm guessing that they are going to check renal function/kidneys.

There is part of me that wants to call up the doctor and ask him if he thinks that we are looking at something serious. The other part of me wants to still live in that dream of a perfectly healthy child. So we wait until tomorrow. (It's a good thing that God reminded us that tomorrow will have enough worries of its own.)

No comments: